14.6.12

What's that smell?!

I was supposed to write yesterday. But I accidentally fell asleep. So I'm writing today :)
I had some topic in my mind yesterday, but I just cannot remember it.
I think it might have been idea of me doing some post about my room ors.
But today I'm gonna post about fragrances, because I've been wanting to do it for a quite a while now :'D
& I'm possibly buying new one today, so it's justifiable.
Now without further blabbering lets get to the topic!

For me scents have always been really, uh important 'piece' of accessory. I got my first own perfume in the age of 12 maybe, I don't remember. But I do remember that it was Morgan's Love. Quite cheap and overly sweet girly one. It was my only one for a long time and I used it only in in parties, and as in party I mean like a normal birthday party or formal events. I still have really tiny amount of it left in the bottle.
Any of my perfumes/fragrances haven't ran out, yet. And if they do I'm gonna keep the bottle!


I usually lent my moms perfumes, because she had all nice and little more expensive ones. Most of them were Escada, I'm quite sad that my favorite Escada ran out and it's manufacturing has stopped. But I think that the new trio collection that has "three old favorites" has it. Which are 'Island Kiss' , 'Sexy Graffiti' & 'Rocking Rio'... I love all of those ♥
It was called 'Pacific Paradise' I think (or 'Moonlight Sparkle' or 'Island Kiss'). I hate when they do bottles a like colored D: ..But! It was the old fashion bottle, not like the new ones.
My first Escada is quite new-ish... Well I mean you can still get it from the stores. It's 'Ocean Lounge' I also have 'Taj Sunset' and 'Absolutely Me'.

I used to have more perfumes than fragrances. And at this point if someone does not know, perfume is for women and fragrance is for men.
But now I have more fragrances. And sometimes when p/f is too expensive I buy the body spray of it, a lot more cheaper! And still same scent ;) But it runs out faster. I've used quite many of them.

Here are my (almost) all bottles & sprays.
Quite a lot, huh? Just realized while watching this pic that few of those darker bottles bled to the dark spray bottles on the back.

Well I think I could list all of them from left to right.
5 Spray bottles on the back: Axe's Dark Temptation, Vice and Instinct. Boss's Bottled. Beckham's Signature (the older one).
Then to the front row that has bottles:
L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme (Summer 2011). Hugo Boss's Orange, Bottled, Bottled Night and Just Different. Bleu De Chanel. Beckham's Signature (older version). CK's Free. JR's ...? I think It's just called "John Richmond for men/him" I tried to search it's name but, nothing. Puma's Jam. Diesel's Only The Brave, Only The Brave Ironman. Police's To Be. And behind is Espirit's Jeans Style.

And for the Perfumes. I'm not sure where to start, maybe behind Diesel's? Yeah.
There's 'Green Tea' I have NO idea from who, it was some really cheap one, and my second ever!
Next to it Dolce & Gabbana 'Light Blue'. Puma's Red and Animagical. Then there's 3 Escadas, on front 'Absolutely Me' and behind 'Taj Sunset' & 'Ocean Lounge'. Back to front there's Morgan's 'Love Love Sun', and 'Love'. And last but not least Mexx's Pure Life (front) and Fly High.

And this is missing my Axe's Excite, I always carry it in my bag. And Boss Bottled Night, tinier bottle that I have in my room :) OH! And I have unopened & still in plastic CK's Free (yes another).

Quickly counted I have 28 different scents. It looks like so much more.... ... I'm quite horrified it turned out to be so few o___o I need to get at least 2 asap!



 I kinda lost my thoughts.... Because I got food and now my brain feels numb .__. ...Well I'll try to continue this nicely. Because I have bits and pieces of things I still need to add in this post in my head, but in which order :s.

Well My first fragrance was Boss Bottled. I just fell in love with it. Back then I was still quite girly and was dating my ex, who used Axe. And I struggled with the idea of using fragrance. But I ended up buying the body spray version. And since then I have started sniffing and using them, but still I also bought perfumes as well.
Year back when I was having tiny vacation with my girlfriend (current, well back then just BFF) in hotel(slash mall/movie theater/night club/spa etc.) I ended up buying JR and Boss Orange... And I accidentally bought After Shave instead of Fragrance. And of course I couldn't change/return it because I have open the package |D ... But It's okay. It was just really amusing, and annoying to realize it after opening it. I don't remember if it was cheaper than normal. After that I have payed so much more attention to confirm it's not something else XD

My latest addition was Chanel. I had hunted it for a quite a while. I discovered it in Chicago (Oct. 2011), and I should have bough it back there. I would've been so much cheaper than in Finland. And since then I've tried to find it in reasonable price. And finally in Rome (Apr.) I found it and bought it!

My next one that I'd love to get it either Dolce & Gabbana's The One or Armani's Sport Code. Depending how much they cost, I know that DC is ~50€ but I don't know how much Armani is, I have a feeling that it's about same.
My taste in fragrances is quite expensive |D And I'm aware of it. To be honest I don't care of the brand (in anything.) but the good ones just have been known ones. And when I hear that my 'fave' brands publishes new scent of course I want to sniff it and if it's good enough I want it and possibly buy it.
I've been hating Chanel's scents quite long, I mean have you ever sniffed them?? And when I sniffed Bleu I was really really surprised that it was actually really good! And I also enjoy mixing scents and making 'my own' scent. My most common mixing is CK/Beckham.

In my opinion scents are something that I go just crazy. Seriously if I find a scent that I just fell in love I end up being just so crazy and high. And I have good sense of smell so it might be one of the things that I enjoy different kind of scents so much. And my memory is also related to smells and scents. For example I can get anxiety code (....just checked that from dictionary .__.;;) if I smell my ex's most commonly used fragrance (like I just did last Saturday).
Of course all scents 'brand' to something and sometimes I become immune to my those fragrances that I use. I cannot smell them, because I've used it so many times. That's why I try to use different scents as often as possible. Because I want to smell the good scent as well :'D !!

And I hope that everyone knows that you should never buy scent by it's first notes.
There are 3 layers, and 3 scents/ingredient in one layer.
The first ones are usually quite pungent. And then when you let it breathe a bit, it becomes more delicate and the 'real' scent is revealed. and finally after a day. Like let's say if you put it on morning, it will be it's last stage in evening. The last notes that are so much more delicate that they are hard to smell.
Good example of that kind of scent is Boss Just Different. I barely could breathe when first notes hit. But second layer was way more better and actually good. It was really intense scent!
And same goes on where you put the scent. It smells different on your skin, on paper thingy where you spray it in shop or in clothes.
So picking 'the perfect' scent is not so easy. I usually spray it on the paper thingie, then shake it widely so the first notes are't so pungent. After sniffing the first layer smell I put it in my pocket, even if it wasn't so good. And later same day I sniff it again. That's how I have found many good ones! They get better.
After that if I like it a lot, I try it on my skin (usually wrist) and hope it's still good :)

Finally I wrote this post n__n Ah!
Also you might have noticed that I have changed font and added "Rent a Movie:" -page. I listed all my movies. So if you want me to rate/tell about any of them, I'm happy to do so.
But that's only the ones that I HAVE. I've seen so many movies that I couldn't possibly keep track on all of them! XD

-Cakey


Edit. 5:37 pm ... I bought the Armani's fragrance ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment