26.4.12

Ciao!

This is a update of my time in Rome for now. And I really need to give a rant warning. Since that's pretty much all I have. Well maybe not a rant rant, but somewhat angsty one.

As some of you may know, I flew to Rome (Fiumicino, to be precise.) on Wednesday already. I arrived at evening. And It's one hour difference to Finland (So in here it's 9:30 pm, in Finland 10:30pm). And I didn't have hotel booked yet, but I knew that the Hilton Airport Hotel is neat and there's free shuttle bus to there. All I had to do is find that shuttle bus, and problem is Italians (well major part of them) don't speak English that well, and they have the very very rich accent on it, so I have to pay serious attention when they are speaking. After wondering and walking shitload of places trying to find first find my way out of the airport maze and then the shuttle. Well there were these shuttle bus signs, but I see no shuttle. At least one with Hilton written onto it's side! So after some time (Really no kidding I was there like 30-45 mins, doing all this) I'm all tired and frustrated, a group of tourists follow this man saying 'Yes, yes, the Shuttle bus, here come :) Hiltons, yes" So I was sneaky and followed them. When the man is coming back, I stop him 'Excuse me, um, Could you tell me where the shuttle bus to Hilton's leave?" And he guided me to the car. And then the driver who's kind and takes my bag, and he says "It will be sixty euros" And I'm really freaked slash surprised "SIXTY euros?" I had to ask for clarification "yes, sixty" "...but, I thought there were free shuttle to Hilton's" Then he looks me for a while, "Free? Which Hilton you are going?" "Well either one of them.." (Because for me it was like weather I say in Airport or Garden Inn one) Then he goes "Well there's one in the city and--" I stopped him there and go "Oh! No, not the city one" And then it pretty much cleared to me why it was so expensive. So then he tells me how I can get to the airport hotel, he gave me instructions. And I followed them. Still I was lost.. I thought I was on right track, but since I was so sick of running around airport (inside and outside of it) I went to the info that was on second floor (or, so I though). Then it came clear to me how to get there. Problem was I didn't see where the escalators were so I could get (Finally!) to the second floor, and I asked this one lady (part if airport staff) how I get there, and she showed me right direction, I didn't notice the elevator almost next to me.
So Then I got to the second floor and there starts 'The Tubes' And luckily there were these signs clearly guiding to wherever you needed to get. So I just followed the Hilton signs and finally after many tubes later (or so it felt at that point) I go to the end of them and there was elevators and took it to the ground, And there was Hilton! Finally after a long hour of feeling lost I found a place where I'll stay. Then of course I started to think next possible problem.
How about the room? Can I still get the discount? What if I have to pay the full price, how do get to Garden Inn (it's lot cheaper)??
Well in the front desk I asked about all these of course, and the lady had to ask from her college about the discount and she asked me why I didn't have reservation ready. Well I told her I didn't have time to reserve it before that. But in the end I got the discounted room *phew* AND it included breakfast ;D Great!
But downer, no internet. Well if you pay, then there's internet. So now (as you may notice) I have internet, but only for today. Well I took the 24h one (22€!! D8< ) and I still can use tomorrow some of my time that I have, it's good that the first panels starts pretty late so I have time to use what I have left *le drama*
But I'm gonna buy another one on Sunday perhaps, but just for an hour (12€, that I call a robbery!) maybe. idk 24h is better. Since my flight back to Finland leaves 7pm so I have plenty of time before that.
So that was the first evening.
In general, everything in TV is either dubbed to Italy or it's some other foreign language news. The food in here (in hotel) is really fucking expensive. And that's why I walk to airport (now the walk doesn't seem that long) to get much cheaper food! I don't know if it's better, but it's good! I still kind of think that I'm on a "shoe lace" -budget, I'm really not since I got the discount. But I rather save my money than spend it on expensive food & stuff.
So today was really my first full day in here. And I went early on bed, but the sleep didn't come. I might have finally fell asleep between 1:30-3 am And I had alarm set at 8:30 am so I would wake up for breakfast. Well what I did was, I killer the alarm (and my phone's alarm as well) and slept, poorly. like the whole night. And finally woke like 12:30... I really didn't feel like waking up. At all... I just didn't want to get up.
I feel so lonely, so out of place (like a freak) and not fitting. I don't understand people and Idk I just want to go home. I feel sad and awkward. And some reason I feel like I just wanna cry. If I could be anywhere now, I would be home. I don't feel like fitting in Italy, I felt more comfortable in States!
I'm really hungry, but I don't feel like going out and get food. I feel really socially awkward in here, since the explaining things part is really hard for both of us (me vs. Italians) and the understanding. Oh well...
I was supposed to go in Rome or Fiumicino city today, but since I feel so uncomfortable and really out of place I didn't go. So today I bought 24h internet and got some food from airports McDonald's .
At least that's 100% cheap food, I took this amazingly delicious Mozzarella burger, and chicken nuggets. I rarely eat burgers, but I've had a craving for one quite a long time. And it was really really good! Tomorrow I might buy another one. I also took a cafe latte from the cafe next to it. It was okay, I mean I see no difference to that and Finnish latte. I still have to try ice cream in here.
Oh and today was also the registration for the con. And while I was reading the rules I felt more anxious. I mean really?! Those we're ridiculously strict! Especially the photo op ones, I mean yeah I get the rules and stuff, but those were really just way too strict. I feel like the cons in States are less strict (or then I just haven't read them so carefully). Well I'm still gonna go with my normal feeling.
I think I'm bouncing on topic to topic. But what ever.
I've been really hungry this evening and I'm too lazy to go in airport to get food. And I feel desperate to order room service! Or drink the mini bar! (which is also a robbery) I really should have bought snacks today while I was at airport. Well tomorrow then.
I've been really lonely and sad today and just really want to leave home asap. But I think it's partly because I have too much free time and I have nobody to talk to (thank god I'm texting with my mom everyday). And I know there are few people that I know coming here. But I can't get in touch with them :(
But tomorrow the con starts so I don't have that much free time (which is good!!)  so I really hope that I can shake off these angsty and depressing feelings!
As always you realize you forgot something. I did too! Two things that I would have really needed! Hair brush D: And long sleeved hoodie. I have short sleeved (t-shirt) hoodie. But not long one. And I only have like top coat and blouse, and when I wear blouse, I have to roll the sleeves up above my elbow |D ... So yeah. Since outside it's pretty warm in the sun. But I'm not there. And in my hotel room it's freaking cold D: Even though I have put it on like warm! It still keeps blowing too cold :( And Sun doesn't directly shine to my room (since there one huge pillar in front of my window T___T) ...
I think that's for now about my trip.

On the other news,
I didn't get the job in pet store. FML. I became second. Or so I was told. So when I'm back to Finland it's again for job searching.

I think I had some other thing I wanted to share, not a--- !!!
AH! YES!

My left side ribs are really fucking hurting. I have no idea why. But I'm just waiting that when will the giant bruise appear there. And my left leg is covered with bruises as well! Seriously I have NO idea why I have them and everytime one starts fading another one appears! D: And they hurt as well!
It's like some invisible ghost is beating me up every night! :(

But for now Ciao~ Cakey

ps.Next update on Sunday or Monday :) !

pss. I feel bad for ranting. I mean C'mon I'm in Rome in wonderful convention! But still I'm complaining :( Oh and I forgot to write about few things so. I'll add them in now (40 mins later)

No comments:

Post a Comment