13.8.12

Movie Monday #1

So this is my first "Movie Monday" (It's not related to the Finnish Movie blog with same name)
And surprisingly I got a movie for today to review!


I admit it that I found this because of my darling Chris Evans. And at this point I have to say that I think that this is probably the best movie from him so far. 
Okay badly phrased, best character. Even thought I do love Cap, but I still love him more in this. 

I have never been really fond to romantic movies, nor to comedies. But there are some few that hit me hard and they are my guilty pleasures in genre of movies.
I think this movie is really alike to The Nanny Diaries, and recently I found out that the leader male actor in there is also Evans! 

So as always when I'm starting to watch this type of movie, my inner skeptic already hates it and thinks that it's most likely like all the other sappy movies - full of reused ideas and some sappy clishé romance bullshit, flavored with lame humor.  
In this case I knew that there's at least candy for my eyes, so I could sit trough the movie without dying. 
But, I'm positively happy that this movie prove itself wrong and was actually good! Not only because of Evans. And I think that even if his character would have been played by some other actor, I still would've loved the character. 

I rented this for first time when I saw it. After that I bought it for myself like within a week or so. And I was shocked that in the DVD version there aren't any other special features than the extended version! Like no gag reel, I should buy the Blu-Ray version and sell my DVD. But I admit it's better than nothing! Because in the rental version there wasn't even that, so it was  indeed pleasant surprise when there was extended version  of the movie. One thing that has bugged me a lot thought! The girl in the cover doesn't look like Anna Faris at all! 


Also I might add that a very nice add is that in most of Chris's scenes he's shirtless! ;) One reason to watch this movie. And idk when I finally bought it I have watched this so many times already and I cannot get enough! 
I think the idea of this movie works. I mean yes, the basic story behind it is quite used and simple, but the story it self is cute. 
My god I suck at writing reviews, or well this is more like a collage of thoughts about the movie, not really a review. Well anygays!
 I recommend this movie to all, even for those whom don't like this kind of genre! ;) 4/5 Stars.

~Cakey

ps. Give me new movie(s) for next Monday! 
And I kinda decided that if I wont get any, I'll just review movie that I've seen last! :)
Edit; I also added a new page called "Movie Monday's" and there will be all of the reviews.

3 comments:

  1. Somehow, you've actually convinced me to watch this movie xD

    Do a horror movie next! Preferably Silent Hill. I think I remember you saying you've watched it recently?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally anonymous person...definitely not Chan20/8/12 13:42

    Actually I'm not even sure you like horror. But that would make you a less biased critic. =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. May or may not be Chan20/8/12 13:55

    Ok, just one more post before I stop spamming you. I noticed you watched a Nightmare on elm street...you should totally review that too! =P Yay!

    ReplyDelete