30.8.12

Movie Monday #3

You know how I always blabber something before starting the actual topic? Yes.
I'm not gonna let you down this time either, I think it's starting to be some kind of a habit already.
  Well as you may see, today indeed isn't Monday. And I'm truly sorry that my Movie Monday got bit late from this week. Well better late than never, huh?
I do have an excuse! First, I didn't got movie until, I think uh Thursday. And Ida was kind and gave me a link where to watch it. But I was really busy with real life on the rest of the week. And I thought that I'll watch it on Monday and write on Tuesday.
  And I did try to watch that movie on Monday and wrote an another post that day. But unfortunately that movie took forever to load. Seriously I'm not kidding! I put it on load, maybe hour before I started to watch it, and when I did start to watch I was able to get to maybe 15-20 mins. and then it stopped and started to buffer again, so I surfed around the webs for two hours and got back to see how much it had load. Not even at half way! So I decided to give up, and I was really tired at that point.
  So yesterday I asked a new movie to rate (from my Last Seen -list). I could have rate it yesterday, but I was awfully tired. Mostly because I have bit of fever and it's making me very very tired. Even a little temperature on me get me in bad shape. Now that I have slept well last night (aside that I have very anxious dreams) I feel quite good, so here I am writing to you guys! :)
  Oh and that movie I tried to watch was Iron Sky. And even tou that is the genre that I hate, I'm going to watch it one day (probably rent/loan it somewhere) and rate it then!



Where to start? Well, I really enjoyed this movie. Since Wolverine is my favorite mutant and he was the first Marvel character I liked the most. 
I really was exited when I heard they were gonna do a movie of him. I nearly fell down to the floor when reading the news.
And I think that I was at the premier of this movie. And my oh my how much I enjoyed it, it got my adrenaline to rise and I remember it well when I got out of the theater! 
I was there with my former GF, and uh it was fairly cold outside when the movie ended and we walked to the bus stop. I couldn't shut up talking about it, and I think there was still like snow on the ground and I was like so pumped up in adrenaline that I was feeling so hot that I was having my long jacket open (only having blouse and vest under it) and my GF was like freezing so I even gave my jacket to her because I was really like feeling that I was on fire. 
I just love that kind of movie that make me feel that adrenaline rush. 

It was also the first movie in X-men history that made me have problem to choose my fave mutant. 
I've always loved Wolverine, but now I also totally fell for Victor! Now I have the eternal dilemma to choose between them. I'd love to be loyal and pick Wolverine, but then again.. idk I prefer Victor. And it depend are we talking about 'old' or 'new' Wolverine! 

I was terribly shocked when I first saw the new adamantium claws. I seriously wanted to scream and ran off from the theater when they showed them. I mean, how come they look so much better and real in X1-3 ? And in here it's like "HELLLOOOOO COMPUTER!!" WHY!? And the bone claws he had before the operation were SO much better, they were really nicely made.
And idk, It looked a lot like they didn't put much effort on the special effects, or they had someone whom didn't know what to do. Because they peed in my eyes.
I think that Remy's special effects were nice, but others ... nnaaah. Not so much. 
For me, it's horrible horrible thing to watch those disgusting computer made adamantium claws in this one. Probably the biggest thing I hate.
Also some minor things annoyed me, that they could've payed more attention, well no movie is perfect. Right?
But I really enjoyed getting background story, in movie form for Wolverine. I had read some of the comics about his past, unfortunately not so many that I wish! 
And I was genuinely surprised when I found out that Victor is Sabertooth. So uh... X1? Is that supposed to be Victor? How come he doesn't remember his lil bro? I mean I get why Logan don't, but Victor? And he changed so much, well I decided to ignore this and enjoy the whole movie as in "out of the context" -way.

I really wish that they would bring Remy, Victor and Wade/Deadpool to the other X-men movies. Because they have much potential, AND I know that Deadpool has quite a big role in Marvel universe.
I think there IS Deadpool game/movie ors coming out/ is already out. I really haven't checked. Because I just found him so freaking irritating in the movie.
But as I've seen some comic glimpses of him, he seems really funny and awesome. So I'm looking forward to seeing more of him.

And for some reason I've head lots of opinions that this is the worst X-men movie. I don't get it. Well if you don't like Wolverine that much, then yeah I get you, but... I wouldn't say worst! For me this is either my fave or my second fave X-movie. 

The timeline of this movie partly bugs me a lot. I think I spoke about this in my last Movie Monday, when I rated First Class
But if you think of this as independent X-men movie and just enjoy it. It'll be great, but if you're over thinking all the details, you might get puzzled! 

4½/5 Stars.
Oookays well that's it for that movie!

Next week, I need a movie (I'd prefer you to pick it on either my last seen or from the ones I own, that way 100% guarantee getting rated. But you can throw me anything really!)
But NO AVENGERS -related. I'm doing a huge Avengers rating (ALL 7 MOVIES!) 10th day! 
And of course, please check that I haven't rate it already ;) !

~Cakey

Ps. I'd like to thank you guys I've just hit my +500 page views, yes that's a lot for me. 
Now good night ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment