12.10.12

Movie Monday #7


(I don't even know how many hours this have been here, waiting for me to actually write it. Hmpf, I shall finally do this!)

Finnish Cover

I actually re-watched this, since it's been +2 years since I last time have seen it. Good thing I did, I remember it now bit better and can write uh 'updated' feelings of it.

I was introduced to this movie by my ex. Because I'm the person who loves and lives trough smells and scents and I have incredibly good sense of smell.
She had watched this movie with someone, and then had bought/rented it (I don't really remember and it's not relevant) and told me that we should watch it, but I must promise first that I don't try anything that happens in that movie.

There are actually lots of memories related to my ex when I think of this movie. Since so far, her scent (we all have our own scent) has been the best I've ever smelled and I remember saying many times that "If there would be a way to bottle that scent, I would." .. 
I think that's enough of memorizing. *cough*

The actual movie, well it is good in my opinion, definitely one of it's kind. I've never ran into similar movie before of after. 
My only complain is that the movie is bit long 2h 22min, and the second time I paused it many times. It could have been cut into a shorter. 
There's actually quite a little of dialogue and talking in general. And most of the time it's kind of visual awesomeness. I think it's well done and really pleasing to eye.

I love the passion that Jean-Babtisé has towards his job and this task of his. And he don't see that it could be wrong or forbidden to do whatever to get it. I in some really psychotic way can identify myself in him.
And this point I have to say that I admit that this idea of making perfume of human is tickling my mind, and I'd die to actually try it out. I just don't have the equipment. If it is actually possible.

I really don't know what else to say.

Uh, All the actors did great job. It was nice to see Dustin Hoffman and Alan Rickman  doing wonderful job. And I have to admit that there's something cute in Ben Whishaw, he was like really badly beaten shy and lost puppy. That in the end is terrible killer inside, but still is in puppy disguise.

But yes, I indeed enjoyed this really much, and soaked myself in the ideas and identified myself from him in few ways.
I would say that this is at least worth watching and an interesting movie.

4/5 Stars.

~Cakey

Sorry I'm bit late, been busy.. and lazy |D 
I already have movie for next week, but feel free to toss in another if you like :)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment